I am July’s “expert” for InternetTexasHoldem.com’s series, “Ask an Expert. I’m impressed with the quantity and quality of the questions, and I wanted to share a few of the Q&As.
- In “How do I start over?” I outline a basic strategy for AlamedaMike, a limit hold’em player who lacks focus. With some practice and after developing some hand reading skills, it should have him beating his local $3-$6 limit game.
- Matthew Hilger asks what I think about the future of poker.
- Neilis wonders how to handle those loose-passive players when you flop top pair with 100BB stacks.
- Sometimes a bluff isn’t just a bluff, as emmapeel points out.
- Philhux brings up the Stop And Go, which is often a more profitable alternative to moving all-in preflop.
Tags: ask-an-expert, internet-texas-holdem, internettexasholdem, limit-holdem, loose-passive, matthew-hilger, no-limit-holdem, poker, stop-and-go